On the afternoon of April 28, the General Department of Vocational Education and Training – Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs in collaboration with the Vietnam Journalists Association launched a writing contest on Vietnamese labor skills with the theme: “Enhancing labor skills Vietnam”.
In order to affirm the role and value of labor skills in socio-economic life and international integration; raising awareness of people, businesses and society about the position and role of labor skills; creating a professional playground for journalists, reporters, editors, collaborators, individuals, press agencies, media;
Extensive propaganda on Vietnam Labor Skills Day – October 4, the General Department of Vocational Education and Training in collaboration with the Vietnam Journalists Association launched a writing contest with the theme “Enhancing Vietnamese labor skills – Skilling up Vietnam”.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr. Ho Quang Loi – Standing Vice President of Vietnam Journalists Association emphasized: This is a very meaningful contest, the first contest in a field where society has not yet realized the importance of this contest. its importance and significance for socio-economic development in Vietnam.
“The Association of Journalists annually is tasked with organizing important press awards, the number of which is up to 15 competitions. However, this is the latest contest that the Journalists Association participates in. This shows interest. especially the Vietnam Journalists Association on human resource development in Vietnam, in order to affirm the position, role, awareness of labor skills and professional skills of both enterprises and employees We are sucked into degree training too much, if we only care about training to get a degree, we can’t find direct workers”, Mr. Loi shared.
Mr. Truong Anh Dung – Director General of the General Department of Vocational Education and Training, Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs emphasized: “The successful experience of many countries around the world shows that the development of skilled labor resources, especially are highly skilled people who play a particularly important role, contributing to outstanding labor productivity.The more skilled workers there are, the more they will attract foreign investors and apply technology. new to increase labor productivity.
Today, vocational skills/labor skills are considered as a new currency in the market. This is a factor that creates the competitiveness of each business, each country. So have we identified and honored all really good labor examples? The answer is no.
We hope that through the contest, we will spread the value of employees to contribute to the development of a standardized labor force, contributing to the increase of labor productivity and competitiveness of Vietnam in the future. next time”.
Content of entries
The works participating in the contest should accurately, timely and effectively reflect the following content: The role of labor skills in social life; The role and value of labor skills in socio-economic development, ensuring sustainable social security; The role of labor skills in international integration; The role of labor skills and occupational skills in developing high-quality human resources for the cause of industrialization and modernization of the country;
The role of labor skills in approaching changes in science and technology, the 4th industrial revolution; Labor skills training in schools, training institutions, enterprises; Mechanisms and policies to develop national labor skills; Proposing mechanisms and policies to develop labor skills for Vietnam;
Typical individuals and groups that excel in study, labor and production have high professional skills; Honoring employees with high labor skills and professional skills in life and work.
About the form of works
Type: print, electronic, radio and television.
Category: news, reflection, interview, commentary, treatise, reportage, investigative reportage, notes, journalistic pen, portrait, exchange, discussion TV documentary.
The work must ensure accuracy and persuasiveness in terms of content and form of expression. In addition, there are some specific issues to note.
Some things to keep in mind:
– Printed and electronic works: Each work written in no more than 2,000 words must be typed and printed on A4 size paper, clearly stating the author’s name, group of authors, email address and contact phone;
– Radio works must be recorded on a CD/USB disc. Each CD/USB must record 01 work and the label must clearly state the name of the unit, the name of the work, the author, the genre, the duration, the email address and the phone number. contact phone; accompanied by the text of the text of the work. If it is an ethnic language, there must be a translation into the common language;
– Television works must be recorded on VCD or DVD/USB discs, each DVD/USB disc must only record one work and the label must clearly state the unit’s name, work title, author, genre, duration, and address. email and phone contact; accompanying explanation. If it is an ethnic language television, it must be translated into the common language;
– The duration of radio and television works, the longest work must not exceed 15 minutes; documentaries not exceeding 30 minutes;
– Each work is a news story or a series of news (not more than 05 articles), an article or a series of articles (no more than 05 issues) by the same author or group of authors under the same name, about the same event, the same event. topic. Do not consider a composite series from independent articles by individual authors at different times of publication;
– Do not consider works of fiction (poems, paintings, skits, short stories, literary stories, radio plays);
– Contest entries are not returned to the author; The Organizing Committee of the Writing Contest on Vietnamese Labor Skills with the theme “Enhancing Vietnamese labor skills – Skilling up Vietnam” (referred to as the contest organizer) has the right to use the participating works. winning product for propaganda.
About the conditions to participate in the contest
Entries to the writing contest must be on the right topic. Articles are encouraged to be published and broadcast during the period from May 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021 on newspapers and radio stations that have been granted press operation licenses by competent agencies. In case articles have been published or broadcast on newspapers or radio stations, it is necessary to specify the broadcast time, attached link, and a photocopy of the article in the newspaper;
Works that have been awarded prizes in local, sectoral or central inter-sectoral competitions are still entitled to participate, but they need to clearly state the prize level and the organization that organized the contest;
The work e-newspaper The prize must be a first-time work, not a first-time work. is the print edition;
Do not consider the author’s entries that violate the regulations on professional ethics of Vietnamese journalists, the Press Law and other legal regulations.
Recipients of the tournament
All professional or amateur journalists, collaborators, informants of news agencies, newspapers and individuals interested in the contest topic are Vietnamese citizens or foreigners (write in Vietnamese) who have journalistic works with the above content and meet the conditions can submit articles to participate in the contest;
Each author or group of authors can submit up to 03 works that meet the stated requirements and conditions. In case many people work on the same work, the prize will be awarded to the group of authors. The maximum number of authors for a group is 07 people.
The Vietnam Journalists Association, the General Department of Vocational Education, press agencies, and the Journalists Association at all levels create conditions to encourage and encourage reporters and members to select works to submit to the contest.
About time and address to receive works participating in the contest:
Time to receive works: from May 1, 2021 to the end of August 31, 2021 (according to postmark).
Address for receiving works:
– Professional Committee of Vietnam Journalists Association; address: 59 Ly Thai To – Hoan Kiem – Hanoi; Phone: 024.38.246.530 – 024.3935.1071 – 097.262.8386
– Office of the General Department of Vocational Education; Address: 6th Floor, Minori Building, 67A Truong Dinh, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi; phone: 0243.9740333 (ext: 602).
(In addition to the envelope, clearly state: Enter the contest on writing Vietnamese labor skills with the theme “Enhancing Vietnamese labor skills”).
Awarding time: Early October 2021 (the occasion of Vietnam Labor Skills Day 4/10). The exact time and place of the award ceremony will be announced later.
Awards are considered according to each type of journalism, the total number of awards includes:
– 04 A prizes, 20 million VND each;
– 04 B prizes, 15 million VND each;
– 08 C prizes, 10 million VND each;
– 12 consolation prizes, each prize is 5 million VND.
In addition, the contest organizers may consider adding some other prizes as suggested by the Jury.