To enter a vocational college, it is not necessary to have a high school diploma

Subjects enrolling in vocational college will not necessarily have a high school diploma, but only need to graduate from high school and have met the requirements for the volume of high school cultural knowledge.

The Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs has just issued Circular 05/2021/TT-BLDTBXH stipulating enrollment regulations and determining enrollment targets for intermediate and college degrees.

Accordingly, the subjects of enrollment for the college level are not necessarily those with a high school diploma (excluding teacher training colleges, because professional activities of the college level in teacher training are not required). managed by the Ministry of Education and Training).

Specifically, Circular 05/2021/TT-BLDTBXH clearly states that the subjects for admission to the college level include:

Holders of a high school diploma.

Holders of an intermediate diploma and a certificate of completion of a general education program or a certificate of satisfaction of the required amount of high school cultural knowledge or have studied and passed the test with a sufficient amount of knowledge. prescribed high school culture.

In case learners apply for training professions in the field of health; arts and security and defense, in addition to the above provisions, must also comply with the provisions of relevant specialized laws and the guidance of the line ministries.

The circular clearly states that the enrollment period is done one or more times a year.

Three types of enrollment

Forms of enrollment include: Admission; examination; combination of entrance examination and examination.

Dossier to apply for admission includes: Application form for admission to vocational education; Certified copies of other necessary documents depending on the requirements and criteria for admission or examination of each school.

Registration forms include:

Apply directly on the application form for vocational education and submit the application form at the junior high school, high school, continuing education center, vocational education center – continuing education or at the Department of Labor. – Invalids and Social Affairs, or directly at the school applying for admission.

Register online (online) on the website about vocational education enrollment of the General Department of Vocational Education and Training, Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs at:, or on website of the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, or on the websites of schools.

Apply online (online) via the “Choose a career” application installed on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets).

Schools must announce the method of receiving application documents and enrollment fees, creating the most favorable conditions for candidates.

The Circular takes effect from August 22.

Tải về Thông tư 05/2021/BLĐTBXH: File download

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *